IBP Kenya Partner Work
Parliamentary Initiatives Network
- Memorandum on Kenya Budget Estimates 2017/18 (March 2017)
Before Kenya’s Budget Estimates are tabled in Parliament each year, IBP Kenya brings together stakeholders from various constituencies to review and analyze them. In 2017, in partnership with Oxfam in Kenya and the Parliamentary Initiatives Network, IBP Kenya facilitated a day-long review session for civil society organizations culminating in the submission of a memorandum to the Senate and National Assembly on civil society’s views of the FY 2017/18 budget estimates.
View Memorandum »
Kerio Center for Community Development and Human Rights
- The Quality of Budget Process and Decisions: An Outside Perspective and Observations on the Budget Decision Making Process in Kenya’s North Rift Region (Presentation, January 2016)
This presentation from the January 2016 North Rift Regional Meeting of Key Actors in the County Budget Process looks at examples of the budget decision making process from counties in Kenya’s North Rift region, focusing on how justifications given for decisions made affected the subsequent budget process stage.
View Presentation »
View Notes and Comments from the meeting »
- Joint Non State Actors Memorandum to Uasin Gishu County Assembly (March 2016)
This memorandum, prepared by North Rift Women’s Voices, Transparency International, National Council of Churches, Kenya Transparency Network, Uasin Gishu Youth Bunge, Rural Women Peace Link, and Kerio Center for Community Development and Human Rights, discusses issues and areas of the the Uasin Gishu County Fiscal Strategy Paper 2016 that require the attention of the county assembly.
View Memorandum »
Kenya Aids NGO Network (KANCO)
IBP Kenya supported the Kenya Aids NGO Network (KANCO), a network of health-focused NGOs, to conduct research on the status of financing for Level 5 hospitals in Kenya. The following three research briefs highlight some key issues and challenges identified and the advocacy messages targeted to improve the status of these hospitals.
- Allow Level 5 Hospitals to retain and manage their Facility Improvement Fund collections (September 2015)
- The Kiambu Model: How county legislation can support Health financing for Level 5 hospitals (September 2015)
- Parliament must provide more oversight of Conditional Grant to Level 5 Hospitals (September 2015)