Perkumpulan Inisiatif, or the Society Initiative, is an institute for innovation, participatory development, and governance in the Indonesian province of Bandung on the island of Java. Inisiatif was founded in 2005 to enhance the quality of life of marginalized people. The group has taken advantage of the opportunities that have resulted from local communities being empowered through Indonesia’s political decentralization. Inisiatif facilitates citizens’ demands for more responsive, accountable, and transparent governance through its four main initiatives – Public Policy Reform, Planning and Budgeting Reform, Community Development, and Knowledge Management As part of the Partnership Initiative, Inisiatif plans to deepen its ability to monitor budgets as part of its work to increase government accountability and transparency. Read Inisiatif’s Profile
- Saeful Muluk
- Donny Setiawan, ST.
- Ari Nurman
- +62 22 7309987 | +62 81 572798666
- +62 22 7309987
Jl. Guntursari IV, No.16
Area of Expertise
Poverty reduction, access to healthcare, community development, participatory planning and budgeting, social welfare, environmental protection, monitoring and evaluation, and public policy analysis.
- JAMKESMAS and District Health Care Insurance Schemes: Assessment Reports from 8 Districts/Municipalities and 2 Provinces - English version
- JAMKESMAS and District Health Care Insurance Schemes: Assessment Reports from 8 Districts/Municipalities and 2 Provinces - Bahasa Indonesia version
- Policy and Budget Monitoring of Indonesia Government's Commitments on Maternal Health - English version
- Policy and Budget Monitoring of Indonesia Government's Commitments on Maternal Health - Bahasa Indonesia version
Major Current Activities
- INISIATIF's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.