Founded in December 2010, the Albanian Institute of Sciences (AIS) is a nongovernmental organization that carries out innovative project ideas to achieve greater transparency and better governance and accountability in Albania.
- Aranita Brahaj Executive Director
- Julia Hoxha Project Manager
- +355 68 200 1718
- Rruga "Hodo Beg" Nr. 24 Tirane, Albania 00355 Albania
Area of Expertise
- Access to information
- Civil society participation in government processes
- Participatory budgeting
- Transparency and accountability
PublicationsVisualization of the 2011 Albanian government budget by sectors
Major Current Activities
- Since December 2010, AIS implemented the Open Data Albania project, an open data portal. Through the Open Data Albania project, citizens can access hundreds of research articles on a wide array of topics and sectors, including the economy, public finance, health, and demography.
- Public Data Usability/ New Standards of Publishing Government Data training course: AIS hosted a training course for Albanian professionals, including government officials, members of the National Institute of Statistics, officials from the Central Electoral Commission, and IT experts.
- Open Budget Albania: AIS creates budget data visualizations and makes budget data publicly available in an open source format.
- Open Spending Albania