The Centre for Health and Social Justice (CHSJ) spun off a larger nongovernmental organization, SAHAYOG, in 2006 and began operating independently to promote human development, gender equality, human rights, and social justice — with specific reference to the field of health, in its widest interpretation. The primary focus of the CHSJ has been monitoring, evaluating, and auditing government health programs. As part of the Partnership Initiative, the CHSJ will work on tracking funds for selected schemes of the National Rural Health Mission, through strengthening the capacities of communities in Orissa and another state to monitor the implementation of these schemes at the local level. The CHSJ will do capacity building in the communities, which in turn will do the actual monitoring. The tools that the CHSJ plans to implement are report cards and expenditure tracking methodologies. Read CHSJ’s Profile
- Abhijit Das Director
- +91 11 26535203|26536163 | 26511425
- +91 11 26536041
Basement of Young Women's Hostel No. 2 (Near Bank of India),
Avenue 21, G Block, Saket
Area of Expertise
Policy and budget analysis on health issues; social auditing; capacity building on health, reproductive rights, gender, and sexuality programming for NGOs.
- Sixth Annual Report: 2010-2011
- Fourth Annual Report: 2008-2009
- A Promise of Better Healthcare Service for the Poor
- Empowering the Poor for Claiming Their Health Rights: Social Audit of NRHM in Two States
Major Current Activities
- CHSJ's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.
- Initiated "National Coalition against Two Child Norm and Coercive Population Policies" and hosting its secretariat.
- CHSJ and Gram Sudhar Samiti (GSS) organized a five day "Perspective Building workshop with Animators on Health Rights and Community Mobilization" in Sidhi, Madhya Pradesh- May 2-6, Sidhi, Madhya Pradesh.
- Health Rights and Community Mobilisation,Perspective building Workshop-May 23-27, Morena, Madhya Pradesh