Center for Public Integrity
CIP was established in 2005 by investigative journalists, lawyers, academics, and social scientists committed to deepening democracy in the country. CIP works to promote transparency, good governance, and integrity through research and advocacy activities focusing on: decentralization and local government, fiscal transparency, procurement, social control and oversight, public integrity, monitoring of anti-poverty programs, and transparency in extractive industries.
- Marcelo Mose Executive Director
- Adriano Alfredo Nuvunga Program Director
- +258 21 327 661
- +258 21 327 661
354, Frente de Libertao de Moambique street
Area of Expertise
Budget monitoring, expenditure tracking, social audit, elections monitoring, extractive industries, anti-corruption legislation drafting, investigative journalism, monitoring anti-corruption programs, etc.
- Olhar Público Incompatibilidades e Conflito de Interesses (in Portuguese), 2012
- Impacto da Iniciativa de Transparncia das Indstrias Extractivas (ITIE) na Receita do Estado em Moambique (in Portuguese), January 2010
- Post-war Reconstruction in Mozambique: the United Nations' Trust Fund to assist the former rebel movement RENAMO by Adriano Nuvunga, TIRI, London, 2007
- Reconstruction National Integrity System Survey Mozambique by Adriano Nuvunga and Marcelo Mosse, TIRI, London, 2006
- Aid Dependence and Governance in Mozambique: the Case of a Post-conditionality Regime (MA thesis) by Adriano Nuvunga and Marcelo Mosse, The Hague, Netherlands, 2007
- The Internal Accountability in the Context of Budget Support in Mozambique by Adriano Nuvunga, FES, Maputo, 2006
Major Current Activities
- CIP's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.
- Budget monitoring and strengthening of social accountability at the local level.
- Capacity-building at the community level to engage in social oversight and accountability activities.
- Supporting the anti-corruption agenda by developing a thorough legal framework against corruption and promoting public awareness campaigns on the impacts of corruption.
- Promoting transparency in the extractive industry sector.
Newsletters And Regular ReportsMozambique Political Process Bulletin