- Beatriz Boza Executive Director
- Caroline Gibu General Manager
- +511 440 2787 | +511 440 2788 | +511 440 2754
- +511 422 8541
Av. Alberto Alexander 2523 - Lince
Area of Expertise
Ciudadanos al Día (CAD) was founded in 2002 as an activist organization to revolutionize the relationship between citizens and their government in Peru, i.e. to improve the citizen-state relationship at all levels of government through interventions that lead to greater transparency, efficiency, and equity and to a citizenry that is more informed, demanding, and engaged. CAD specializes in developing innovative to improve the quality of public management and increase citizen engagement. CAD's areas of expertise include:
- transparency and access to information,
- budgeting and public spending,
- citizen participation and oversight,
- identifying and promoting best practices in governance, and
- the role of the media.
- Manual of Best Practices in Public Management 2008 (in Spanish)
- Public Spending to Promote the Health of Peruvians (in Spanish)
- The Evolution of Canon Minero in Ancash (in Spanish)
- Municipal Financing: El Fondo de Compensacin Municipal (Foncomun) (in Spanish)
Major Current Activities
- Best Practices in Public Management Annual Award Program - has identified 1000 experts in BGP, 656 Best Government Practices (BGPs), including 47 BGPs in the category "Transparency and Access to Information," published an annual manual describing and analyzing the best practices.
- International Benchmarking Exercises - CAD has conducted the research behind several transparency and budgeting benchmarking studies, including Latin American Index of Budget Transparency (Indice Latinoamericano de Transparencia Presupuestal), Open Budget Index, and Global Integrity Index.