- Magdalena Cortez Executive Director
- +503 2284-1435| +503 2284-1266
- +503 2274-1434
Calle y Colonia Santa Teresa #22,
San Salvador, El Salvador
Area of Expertise
As a grassroots organization, FUMA works at the local level to promote access to health services by promoting participation and organizing social audits. FUMA is an active member of the Citizen Alliance Against the Privatization of Health and the National Health Forum, recognized by the Ministry of Health as a space for citizen participation.
- "La Ruta de los Medicamentos. Seguimiento ciudadano a la disponibilidad de medicamentos en el Minsiterio de Salud” (“Pathway to Medicines. Citizen monitoring of the availability of medicines in the Ministry of Health”)
- "Presupuesto y disponibilidad de medicamentos en el Ministerio de Salud” (“Budget and the availability of medicines in the Ministry of Health”)
Major Current Activities
- FUMA's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.
- Integrating a budget analysis focus to advocate for more adequate spending on public health, particularly focusing on access to medication.
- Running maternal and neonatal health outreach programs in the Sonsonate region that strengthen connections between community health workers and government-run health providers.
- Collaboration with other regional NGOs to oversee the construction of two new health centers in the Cuscatancingo and San Martin regions, as well as development of local health outreach programs.
- Providing training sessions to officials in 81 municipal governments on disaster prevention, early alert systems, and climate change.
- Engaging in community outreach programs to lower youth violence at the local level.
- Overseeing programs in the La Libertad region to prevent child labor by way of bolstering basic education.