(Foundation for the Advancement of Reforms and Opportunities)
Fundación para el Avance de las Reformas y las Oportunidades (Grupo FARO, the Foundation for the Progress of Reforms and Opportunities) is a civil society organization in Ecuador created in 2004 to promote informed dialogue and alliances among government, private enterprise, and civil society. Grupo FARO conducts applied research, policy analysis, and advocacy to encourage the implementation of progressive policies that expand civil society and public participation in policy making and oversight and contribute to a more efficient, equal, inclusive, and democratic state.
- General Contact
- (593) 5-108011
Antonio de Ulloa N32-124 and Av. Atahualpa
Postal Code 170508
Area of Expertise
- Public Governance
- Environmental Policy
- Economic Growth and Competitiveness
- Social Policy and Human Development
- National and Sub-National Budget Transparency
- Extractive Industries Monitoring
- Technologies for Development
- View Grupo Faro's publications library here »
- ¿Cómo observamos los derechos humanos en el presupuesto? - This citizen's handbook provides an overview of how to analyze budgets in a simple and visual way by covering the basics of public budgets, budget analysis, and how human rights relates to public expenditure.