- Gonzalo Neyra Director
- Centro de Investigación de la Universidad Católica de Santa María Arequipa, Peru
Area of Expertise
- Access to information
- Participatory budgeting
- Civil society participation in government processes
- Poverty alleviation
- Transparency and accountability
- Proposals for national regional development policy in Peru
- Budgetary discretion in regional governments: Progress on the decentralization of public finances?
- Determination of fiscal spending needs at regional level
Major Current Activities
The Institute for Regional Economy and Policy Analysis - IER is a think thank based in Arequipa, Perú. Its mission is to improve public policy and decisionmaking by producing rigorous research and disseminating relevant information on current economic and policy issues. To this end, the institute maintains research programs in specific areas of the regional economy, land use, social policy and public finance.