- Kwame Owino Chief Executive Officer
- John Mutua Programe Officer, Budget Information Program
- +254 20 271 7402 | +254 20 272 1262
- +254 20 271 6231
5th Floor, ACK Garden House
1st Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 53989-00200 City Square, Nairobi
Area of Expertise
- The IEA was established in 1994 as a civic forum to promote public policy debates through research and public policy analysis, capacity building, public forums, evidence-based advocacy, and technical support.
- The IEA's activities are targeted at policymakers including members of parliament, civil society, private sector, and the public at large. Knowledge on public finance management issues are covered by the Budget Information Program to enhance the transparent and participatory engagement of key institutions for the effective and efficient management of public finance and economic policies in Kenya.
- Employment Study in Kenya - Regulation and Competition Programme
- Budget Guide 2010/11 - Budget Information Programme
- Citizen's Handbook on Local Government System in Kenya
- Parliamentary Budget Oversight in Kenya, 2009
- Kenyas Verdict: A Citizens Report Card on the Constituencies Development Fund (CDF)
- Citizens Alternative Budget 2010/11 (previous years available here)
- Budget 2011/12: A Guide for MPs
- Applied Budget Work (Trainer's Manual)
- Profile of Women's Socioeconomic Status in Kenya
- The Quest for an Information Society
- Appropriations Guide for MPs: Fiscal Year 2002/2003
- For all IEA publications, click here
Major Current Activities
- IEA's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.
- Currently IEA coordinates four programs: 1) Budget information; 2) Trade information; 3) Regulation and competition policy; and the 4)Futures.
Newsletters And Regular ReportsRegular thematic bulletins and policy briefs by respective programs: