The KDZ Centre for Public Administration Research is a competence centre and knowledge platform for the public sector. Core competencies are public management/governance, financial management and city management.
- Bernhard Krabina Researcher
Area of Expertise
KDZ offers practice-oriented specialist training to a wide audience in the areas of administration and politics.
Projects cover territorial administration, the social services sector, the technical/operational areas, the interfaces between public guarantors and external service providers, and budget consolidation, including the implementation of consolidation strategies.
KDZ’s publications on finance topics are available on their website »
Major Current Activities
- Conduct studies related to the allocation of fiscal funds between governmental levels in Austria
- Consult municipalities about their budgets
- Develop seminars and in-house trainings for public administration staff regarding budget topics
- Organize conferences and workshops on budget-related topics
- Develop tools and platforms for municipal budget planners
- Operate the Open Spending Platform website at offenerhaushalt.at