The Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement (SVYM) is a development organization building a new civil society in India through its grassroots-to-policy-level action in health, education, and community development. Acting as a key promoter/facilitator in the community’s efforts toward self-reliance and empowerment, the SVYM strives to develop local, innovative, and cost effective solutions to sustain community-driven progress. The SVYM is based in Karnataka and began operations in 1984. The organization is mainly dedicated to providing charitable services among poor and marginalized sectors of the state, particularly in health care, education, and community development-related activities. The SVYM’s work with the Partnership Initiative will focus on tracking funds and service delivery of the National Rrural Health Mission in one district of Karnataka. It is interested in undertaking social audits and expenditure tracking but is still clarifying their objectives and their choice of methodology. Read SVYM’s Profile
- Dr. R. Balasubramaniam Executive Director
- +91 821 2410759
- +91 821 2415412
- CA2, KIADB Industrial Housing Area Ring Road, Hebbal, Mysore 570016, India
Area of Expertise
• Health: Institutional and Community • Education: Institutional and Community • Community Development including livelihoods • Training – Research – Advocacy – Consultancy
PublicationsAvailable on the GRAAM (Grassrots Research and Advocacy Movement) webpage.
Major Current Activities
- SVYM's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.
- More information available on the webpage of GRAAM (Grassroots Research and Advocacy Movement), an initiative of SVYM.