- Patrick Tumwebaze Executive Director
- Imelda Namagga Ag.Senior Program Officer, Budget Advocacy Initiative
- Julius Kapwepwe Director of Programs
- +256 414 534 856
Plot 152/155 Ntinda Road
P.O. Box 21509
Area of Expertise
- UDN is an advocacy and lobbying coalition of NGOs, institutions, and individuals formed in 1996 to campaign for debt relief. Although the UDN started by advocating on debt relief, it helps the poor and marginalized people in the country. The UDN is a leading policy analysis and advocacy civil society organization involved in monitoring and evaluating the quality and delivery of public social services, analyzing budget policies and their relevance to poverty, good governance, and anti-corruption campaigns. The UDN is also involved in policy analysis at the macro-level and socioeconomic research at the sector level.
- Through its Budget Advocacy Initiative launched in 1999, the UDN advocates for pro-poor budget policies and promotes a more participatory civil society that can influence budget policy processes at all levels. The BAI has led to the formation of budget monitoring structures at local levels, involving grassroots communities in monitoring and evaluation; dissemination of budget information; advocacy on pro-poor budgeting; and building civil society budget coalitions.
- A report on the Beneficiary Assessment of NAADS program conducted in Pader district, November 2010
- The 2010/11 National Budget, Implications for Pro-Poor and Pro-Growth. Review report by Uganda Debt Network (UDN), July 2010
- Civil Society Position on the 2010/11 - 2014/15 Budget Framework Paper. Produced by the Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG). Presented during the CS Pre-Budget Dialogue on Friday, May 21, 2010
- Abridged version of the National Development Plan 2010/11 - 2014/15, April 2010
- Review and Analysis of the 2009/10 National Budget Taxation Proposals, February 2010
- Civil Society Statement on the Call for Improved Service Delivery of Universal Primary Education and Primary Health Care in Uganda, December 2009
- The Fight Against Corruption in Uganda: Is the Government Finally Take Decisive Action? November 2009
- Do the National Budget Proposals for FY 2007/08 Address Key Poverty, Gender and Equity Issues? May 2007
- How Pro-Poor are Local Government Budgets in Uganda? A Review of Kampala City Council and Rakai Local Government Budgets FY 2005/06, 2006
Major Current Activities
- UDN's Profile 2011 – Briefly describes the main budget analysis and advocacy activities of the organization and its involvement with the International Budget Partnership's Partnership Initiative.
- Participatory community budget monitoring and evaluation.
- Annual review and analysis of local and national budgets.
- Capacity building of civil society in budget advocacy and analysis.
- Participation in budget conferences at local and national levels.
- Influencing budget policies through attending sector working group meetings.
- Good governance and anti-corruption activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation of PRSP implementation.
- Networking with national, regional, and international organizations.
Newsletters And Regular ReportsThe Policy Review Newsletter