- King Kojo Sarfo Executive Director
- +233 30 292 4174 | +233 20 839 7405
3 Mensah Jomo Str., East Legon
Accra, Greater Accra 00233
Area of Expertise
- Budget advocacy through media and communication, coalition building, and lobbying.parliament
- Promoting transparency and accountability as well as civic participation in national budgetary process through effective advocacy
- informing and educating the youth on national and international policies, initiatives, and issues of developmental concern
- Supporting poverty alleviation among rural and urban youth through entrepreneurship training and capacity building workshops in various communities and districts
- Promoting research into issues and problems affecting African youth, sensitizing and partnering other organizations, stakeholders and the public on the need for urgent resolution
Major Current Activities
- YEA undertakes evidence-based advocacy in budget work through research, trainings, and capacity building.
- YEA has just finished reporting to UNICEF on a Child Budgeting Project conducted in the Northern Region of Ghana. The project titled The Budget and the Ghanaian Child, was facilitated to assess budget allocations to child health and to determine the impact of budget spending on the lives of children.
- YEA has organized several workshops to present its UNICEF-funded project to different organizations and facilitate a two-month public expenditure training to select students of some tertiary institutions in Ghana.
- Currently YEA is working to obtain funds to undertake a project on public expenditure survey on the subnational implementation of the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative.