Sector budget transparency
What do we know about government spending on health and education?
How have resources been allocated and spent in these sectors? Do we have access to details on specific programs? Details on type of expenditure, distribution across regions, and by level of government? Without such information, it is difficult to hold anyone accountable for service delivery.
In 28 countries being surveyed for Open Budget Survey 2019, we worked with civil society partners to assess the extent to which such details on sector spending are published in central government budget documents.
Results of the sector budget transparency pilot:
- BLOG: Devil in the details? Budget Transparency in the Health and Education Sectors
- FULL REPORT: Assessing sector budget transparency
- METHODOLOGY: An explanation of the questions and the response options
- KEY FINDINGS and RECOMMENDATIONS
- Watch this webinar on the sector transparency pilot.
A presentation from the government of Benin